Tranfer files from RUS virtual machine to local PC

Dear all,

I have a (naive maybe) question about transferring files form the RUS working environment to my local machine. In the RUS quickstart desktop guide (p. 20 - 21) it is mentioned that ‘Clicking on the Devices filesystem opens a file browser which lists the files and directories within that file system’. Where is the Devices filesystem located? I attach a screenshot which I think is NOT the afore mentioned filesystem… Hope my question is clear, any help will be appreciated.

Best,

Liten

Hi
In guacamole interface press Alt+Ctrl+Shift and you will see the main interface pop-up

Select Storage devices and then any folder that you want, then select upload or go back to other folders in top left part

The file system browser is this one

Hey moein,

Thank you for the swift reply. It does work only for downloading it seems that every single file has to be treated separately. Thus for sentinel images this method is time consuming. Do you know if it is possible by using this method to download folders?
Thanks,
Liten

@moein
Also one additional note on the file download.
What I need to do is download a processed S-1 image. The image has two components, the .dim file plus a data folder that contains grid points (folder), .hdr files etc. When trying to download the .dim file by double-clicking on it the option is to open the file, not download it. Do you know if it’s possible to also download the .dim files?
Best,

Liten

For record and other people having same issue:
You can upload and download files and compressed (tar) folders using this method. For uploading you can select upload file bottom but as you mentioned downloading is by double clicking on FILE not FOLDERS. So the only method is packing (compressing) folders via Xarchive and download them as one file.
Another method is using SSH but I am not familiar with that.
Hope this help.

Hi Liten,

For now, compression is possible in command line only. If you are not familiarized with unix commands, you can request the installation of a graphical compression tool such as 7zip (using the “Get support” button of your dashboard).
In addition, if you have a FTP server on your side, you can use the FTP client (Filezilla) accessible in Applications>Network>Filezilla.

Thanks for the input @moein and @carinequang

As I’m not too familiar with unix commands, although when more time is available I might request the graphical compression tool. For now I just saved the processing products as GeoTIFF and downloaded it according to moein’s instructions above. Thank you again,

Best,
Liten :smiley:

@Efiliten @carinequang I think it is possible to use graphical interface for packing. Just right click on any folder and select create archive, would solve your issue for downloading folders.

@moein, I think that to date, the Xarchiver has a bug and creation of archive is not possible. Did you try with success on your side ?
What is sure is that new VMs will now have 7zip by default.

@carinequang Yes I have created Tar archives successfully, The size and content was OK but I do not know about other formats.